Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Perfect Little Boy Advent Calendar

My mom doesn't use Pinterest (yet).  It's my ultimate goal to get her on there.  She's so crafty, and has great ideas, we can all benefit from her being on Pinterest.  This year, she put together an advent calendar for my son.

My 3 year old wakes up every morning, and asks if it's "December xx".   He actually knows the date each morning, because he knows which number car he gets next.  He slept over Grandmas last night, so we brought him home this evening, and he asks us "Is it December 6th?"  I told him it was, and he responds "Then I can open the #6 advent car!?!"   (Not even realizing that St.Nicholas visited last night.)

For the third year in a row, wants 'cars' for Christmas.  Sure, he loves the Hulk and the Ninja Turtles, but he still asks for cars.  So each day in December, his wish comes true...

...using a micro-machine type of car, stretchy ribbon and Christmas labels.   It was so simple for her to do.  She tied a knot around the center of the car, tight enough that it won't go anywhere. Since it's a stretchy material, when it comes time to take it off, all I need to do is pull a little to get it out from around the wheels - and I have the happiest kid - EVER.  Genius, my mother is a genius.  Ares even thinks that this calendar is better than the chocolate one.  I know - my kid said that!

I might have to do something like this next year too.  If you have a girl, maybe some Polly Pockets or little doll house furniture?  You could probably furnish an entire house with 24 days!  


No comments: