It's no news to anyone who knows Ares, that Subway (or, Subway-Eat-Fresh, as he calls it) is his favorite restaurant. McDonalds? No. Subway? Yes.
We've started making our own Subway sandwiches at home to save money. He's still happy, and so are we. The key, is to get every condiment and meat and cheese out of the refrigerator and line it up, so he can pick what he wants, just like at the counter of the restaurant. A little extra time, a lot less $$.
We're at Walmart, in the checkout aisle. It's around 11:30: (Where there's a Subway.)
Ares: Mom, I'm hungry. No, I'm staaaarving mom. Can I get Subway?
Me: No, you didn't eat your breakfast (at 10). I told you, you can't eat whenever you want to. You need to eat when everyone else eats. You don't get your own special meals.
**He spent the last 5 days in Cincinnati. We can always tell when he's back from grandma's house. At least his teachers won't mention anything this time!! Sorry Auntie Cindy! haha.**
Ares: No, I mean, when I get home, can I get Subway at home?
Me: Yes, when it's time for lunch, we can make you a Subway Sandwich.
Ares: Wheeeee!! *Running out of the checkout aisle and gets three lanes away*
Me: Ares! Stop! Where are you going?!?
Ares: To the cheesemaker!! We need salami!!
Me: Ares, you're only three, no one can see you over the deli counter, besides, we have salami at home.
*the guy behind us in line thought he was funny*
I think it's hilarious that he calls everyone at the Deli counter 'cheese makers'. It's because they give him a piece of cheese when we're up there.
No comments:
Post a Comment