Sounds good, right? Well, that is, unless you're a little 3 year old with a peanut allergy. I was at work. Ares with family. It was a homemade cookie that no one in the room knew what was in it. The kid took a bite, and started coughing, and then complained that something was in his throat. Then, his stomach was hurting him. My aunt took a bite of the cookie, and (apparently) has no taste buds, (haha!!). She gives him some sort of allergy medication and calls me. She determines that it wasn't nuts, and that he's just freaking out because they were worried. He's doing better (aside from a tummy ache) and calls me crying. I tell him his stomach hurts because he was coughing so much, and he'll feel better after he gets some water in him. Auntie calls him a drama queen - I agree (since she said there wasn't any PB in the cookie).
Fast forward another 10 minutes - Ares is projectile puking in the car, and then in a parking lot.
Fast forward 8 hours (he's fine, by the way), Kassi and I take a bite of a similar cookie, there is no doubt peanut butter in there (for the record, the cookie was yummy!). It seems like each time he has PB, the symptoms get worse and worse.
I guess I need to get another EPI pen prescription for him. =( Poor kid. He was telling his mousie last night that he 'throwed up'.
No comments:
Post a Comment