Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Nap Time

Ares is pretty much an every other day nap taker now.   We put him down for his nap today, and when he woke up an hour later, (we know he went to the bathroom twice), he told us he only read five books when he was up there.  I asked if he slept at all, and he shook his head yes.  I wondered how long, and he looks me straight in the eye, and with the most serious look/voice he says "I slept like, 8 hours!" Then flashed that Ares-smile that makes everyone giggle and went on his merry way.

At least when we put him down for a nap, if he doesn't sleep, he does stay up there quietly reading books for a long time.

Today we also got to see Uncle Justice and Aunt Katie.  He runs in the house and yells to them "I saw Santa TWICE today!  I'd never seen him TWICE before!"    Thank goodness he decided to NOT be as observant as he is for other things, because the Santa's (one at Lowe's and one at Strings and Wings) did not look anything alike.  It was an exciting day for him though.  Tonight we get to see Cassie and Anna - he is so excited I can't get him to sit still for anything.  Guess the haircut must wait until tomorrow.

No comments: