I asked Ares if I could take a picture of him holding his torch (he made at school, in honor of the Olympics). Our Conversation:
Ares: Yes, but don't put it on Facebook
Me: Can I put it on the blog?
Ares: Yes, but it will get muddy and wet and sticky
Me: No, that's a 'bog', I'm talking about a 'blog', a story on the internet
Ares: It's OK, you can get the picture wet.
Me: No--- Wait, how do you know what a 'bog' is? (I'm fairly certain I didn't know what a bog was until I was in my 20's and had a subscription to National Geographic.)
Ares: School. Can I watch TV?
For about 2 minutes yesterday, I thought Ares was the perfect age to go running with (he rides his scoot-bike, and I run). We made it about 8 or 9 houses at the perfect speed - and then he fell. After that, he rode so slowly that I had a hard time walking next to him without passing him. Fail. So instead of running, we went down to the creek to throw rocks. It's really overgrown, so he showed me the 'path' to take (a 'path' that a bunny may have taken previously, lol). Coming back up, he also showed me the way to climb through the 'path'. It was cute, he was always making sure that he was taking care of me, showing me the 'best' way to go.
Oh, and Adam took him fishing on Sunday evening while I took a (much needed) cat nap. They caught about 20 fish in an hour and a half. That's crazy, I feel if he fishes at any other pond, he's going to be grossly disappointed. He finally touched a fish, he says it felt like "SNOT".
No comments:
Post a Comment