We had our girl's weekend this weekend at Geneva-on-the-Lake. Cristal (who is scheduled for her c-section in 7 days), Jackie (who is due next month), Kristin (who is due in November), myself (who is trying), Sarah (who is trying) and Renee (who is happy with her 16 month old) all rented 2 adjoining hotel rooms and did pedicures, manicures, picnic lunches, ice cream stops and socializing, (plus a winery and some covered bridges) had an awesome time. I think I gained 6 lbs. Because everyone (who has kids) had them at least a year after I had Ares, they were talking about what words they know, how sentences are put together, etc, that when Ares got home, and he talked non-stop in clear sentences that made complete sense, I was surprised. We went for a bike-ride last night around the lake, and we're VERY excited to see Great Grandma Jean, Papa and Braeden tonight for dinner. They're stopping through Ohio on their way to Pennsylvania to drop Braeden off at home after a vacation in Michigan before they head back home (Indiana).
Hall of mirrors
This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.
Monday, July 23, 2012
Catch Up
My son is back in town! I'm so excited - well, kind of. He called me "grandma" about 12 times yesterday, and he was SO hyper-active that he literally FELL off of the seat in the restaurant we ate at 5 times (!!!). He told me that "we didn't do anyfing" when he was in Cincinnati, but that grandma said his "skin is looking good" so she didn't use the "lotion the doctor gave" him while he was down there (his skin does look good!). Eventually I learned that there were alligators at the "uh-square-ium" (aquarium) and that's where he got his shark toy, that he went swimming and got to play with Evelyn and that his new dog's name is "Ares". Oh yeah, and he "ate cotton candy I got by the "uh-square-ium" and all he ate were cheeseburgers. Funny kid.
We had our girl's weekend this weekend at Geneva-on-the-Lake. Cristal (who is scheduled for her c-section in 7 days), Jackie (who is due next month), Kristin (who is due in November), myself (who is trying), Sarah (who is trying) and Renee (who is happy with her 16 month old) all rented 2 adjoining hotel rooms and did pedicures, manicures, picnic lunches, ice cream stops and socializing, (plus a winery and some covered bridges) had an awesome time. I think I gained 6 lbs. Because everyone (who has kids) had them at least a year after I had Ares, they were talking about what words they know, how sentences are put together, etc, that when Ares got home, and he talked non-stop in clear sentences that made complete sense, I was surprised. We went for a bike-ride last night around the lake, and we're VERY excited to see Great Grandma Jean, Papa and Braeden tonight for dinner. They're stopping through Ohio on their way to Pennsylvania to drop Braeden off at home after a vacation in Michigan before they head back home (Indiana).
We had our girl's weekend this weekend at Geneva-on-the-Lake. Cristal (who is scheduled for her c-section in 7 days), Jackie (who is due next month), Kristin (who is due in November), myself (who is trying), Sarah (who is trying) and Renee (who is happy with her 16 month old) all rented 2 adjoining hotel rooms and did pedicures, manicures, picnic lunches, ice cream stops and socializing, (plus a winery and some covered bridges) had an awesome time. I think I gained 6 lbs. Because everyone (who has kids) had them at least a year after I had Ares, they were talking about what words they know, how sentences are put together, etc, that when Ares got home, and he talked non-stop in clear sentences that made complete sense, I was surprised. We went for a bike-ride last night around the lake, and we're VERY excited to see Great Grandma Jean, Papa and Braeden tonight for dinner. They're stopping through Ohio on their way to Pennsylvania to drop Braeden off at home after a vacation in Michigan before they head back home (Indiana).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment