Adam took Ares fishing last night at the stocked pond across the street from our backyard. In a matter of about an hour, Ares caught 3 fish, one of them completely on his own. He saw the little bobber thing move and he pulled up all by himself to find a nice 6" bluegill hanging from the line.
When I got home, he was very excited to tell me all about the fish he caught. He was sad that "The hook went all the way into the last fishes belly, all the way down (as he crouches down and touches his tummy) and took it with him." (The hook got stuck so Adam had to cut the line, losing the hook.) This made him upset that it meant they were done fishing for the evening. He's officially caught more and bigger fish than I ever had (unless you count using a net to catch bait fish in Florida, then he'll never match the # of fish I've caught.) I was not there, so of course, there are no pictures. Ah well, maybe next time.
In other news, Ares' new thing is to tell you that so and so told him he could.... for instance: Last week, Ares wanted juice and cookies, so he told me that "grandma said I could". Last night, he wanted to watch TV, and told Adam "mommy said I could watch TV" when I wasn't even home to say anything. Sneaky kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment