Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

XXX Olympics

Ares has had no interest in watching the Olympics this entire weekend - UNTIL today.  He watched about 15 seconds of men's gymnastics before he says while still watching "I want to do that when I'm older." He then turns to me and says "Can I do that when I'm older?".  The next few minutes, he watches intently, before he sees a floor exercise and decides he can do flips like that.  So he starts doing somersaults around the room and jumping off the ottoman onto the floor and rolling.

"Ah, mom, they're inside out!  I want the outside out!" (while putting on his underwear)

"Mom, I'm done with my cereal."
Me "OK, then put it on the counter."
Ares "No, daddy would tell me to 'finish it anyway'"
Me "Oh, then finish it anyway"
Ares "OK"


No comments: