Driving to McDonald's drive-thru a white limo passes in front of us.
Ares: *GASP* That! Is the biggest car I've seen in my whole life!!
Ares is spending the entire week in Cincinnati with his grandparents. We all went down this past weekend to drop him off. Adam and his father went to a Columbus Crew game together (and had a great time) and Karen, Ares and I went out to eat (Chipotle) and then to see Disney's Brave movie. The evening was capped with OrangeLeaf Frozen Yogurt (like 16 Handles in NYC). Ares had an awesome time, so much so, that when it came time for Adam and I to leave (without him) he barely gave us the time of day to say goodbye. We got our hugs and kisses though, and were off without any tears (for any of us).
Me: Ares, I need to you be good for Grandma and Grandpa this week, do you understand?
Ares: Yes.
Me: When Grandma says 'no', what does that mean?
Ares: *crickets*
Me: Ares, 'no' means 'no'. You need to listen to Grandma. Can you do that?
Ares: No.
Me: Why not?
Ares: Because Grandma doesn't say 'no'.
I haven't heard from them much at all. His Aunt Leah sent me some pictures this morning and a video - I love them! I guess they're off to the Newport Aquarium today, I'm sure Ares will have a blast. It's a VERY nice place, we took him when he was almost one.
So that leaves us with - NO KID! It's very weird not having him around, but it's been nice to have lots of adult time. Sunday night Adam worked on a friend's bicycle and we cleaned our main floor. Monday we relaxed a lot and cleaned our bedroom (read: put away clothes - finally!) Yesterday Adam and I went to the Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson's Immortal Tour. It was really good, although, there was way more dancing and far less acrobatics than I had expected, so we were fairly disappointed. One really cool thing is that the guy with one leg and the two arm braces as canes (who danced for the music awards a few times) was featured multiple times during the show. He was fabulous. I bet he was an awesome dancer when he had two legs too, because he was just fabulous.
Tonight is my softball game. Adam will be playing as well! I'm excited =)



No comments:
Post a Comment