I often wish I had kept better notes on Ares as a kid. Did he eat everything I produced and then want more? Was Adam as bad then as he is now? Was I as discouraged with the whole pumping thing as I am now? Did Ares cry non-stop for no reason, often? (I know the answer is 'no' to that. Except for his 1.5 hours a day (witching hour) he never cried. It got to the point where I knew what his cries meant, Atlas, I have no freakin' clue why he's crying - or wait, I do, he's hungry. He eats more than a 5 or 6 month old does, and he's gained MORE than 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks.)
Seriously, the kid went to the doctors office at about 1.5 weeks old and was 7lb 3 oz. Now, he's 9lb 7oz. It's been 14 days. This kid. eats. too. much. It's so frustrating. The doctor says to feed him some water, to see if it slows it down. Nope, now he just drinks water in between drinking milk.
The doctor said to try and feed him larger amounts to see if he'll go longer without eating. Nope, the damned kid just eats more, and still needs fed in 2-3 hours (with water in between). Does anyone go through more diapers than us, just due to the sheer amounts of liquid he drinks? Doubtful.
Is the kid still super-cute? Absolutely. Is he cute after he pukes all over me? Eh, well, at least it gives me the excuse to put him down (even if he's crying hysterically) to take a shower =) I've even had 3 showers in one day! It was marvelous! haha.
Kind of funny, becoming a mother has given me a lot of patience. And, coincidentally, rolls have switched, and Adam has none - to the point where I take the baby in the evenings (and days, and nights) because he can't handle it.
And last but not least, some cute pictures =)



No comments:
Post a Comment