Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Friday, August 9, 2013

And the Baby Sleeps

Not at night, mind you, but all day.  I actually get a lot done during the day, although, I don't get much rest - at all.  Tuesday was a rough day.  Ares has decided that he wants to act like a baby, and not listen - at all.  He lost TV privlidges, lost his trip to the playground in the morning, got sent to his room and time-out a few times - I was ready to ship him off - seriously, good thing grandma and grandpa doug are taking him next week.  Wed was better, and Thursday has been good as well.  

Me: I'm going to Walmart today while you're at school, is there anything you need?  (Like, I totally need adult interaction).
Ares:  Yes, we need bananas, peaches and milk.  

This morning, because he was good on Wed, we made muffins for breakfast.   Not from scratch - mind you, but he got to pour the milk and the muffin mix in, plus I allowed him to stir, so he was happy.  They came out very very good.  The baby, for whatever reason, did not want to participate. 


This is pretty much what the baby did All. Day. Long. 
We did have a good tummy time though.  Atlas loves to hold his head up when we're holding him upright.  He can keep it in one spot for about 30 seconds.  That's pretty impressive in my book.


We do the typical walk around the block (takes me a long time to do one mile though - embarrassingly long), short nap, clean the house and do laundry thing.  I could not ever be a SAHM.  I prefer to be away from the house so as not to mess it up (and therefore not need to clean) as often.   
Sunday was my mom's birthday.  I forgot to post that Adam made an amazing rib lunch for the family.  Amazing, it was so good.  Corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and massive amounts of BBQ Ribs.   Ares made this sign for Grandma: 
Happy Birthday Grandma Venus   Ares.
The only letter I had to help him with was the "U" and he still did it upside down.

As for sleeping, I get up to pump every 3 hours, and the baby is pretty much on my schedule. 

No comments: