Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Week in Photos


It's been a pretty decent week.  The baby takes forever to fall asleep (except for last night) and will sleep throughout the ENTIRE day, then be awake from 8PM - 1AM while Adam and I are exhausted.  It's frustrating, but he only wakes up once in the middle of the night, around 4 or 5 AM, and then sleeps until 9, so it's not too bad rest-wise.  I have to get up to pump around that time anyhow.    He's eating about 24 oz in 24 hours now, so he's completely off of his weight plan. Yay!!  (he's now 7lb 3oz and at least 21.5" long now.  

Ares has been awesome, except around bed time.  We've done a poor job of getting him to bed on time, so there's nearly ALWAYS a breakdown.  It's our fault, but it's VERY frustrating.  

Hiking club is over, but we decided to keep it up with the parents that we know.  Mostly because we just want to go to BW3's afterwards.  It's fun and we enjoy the company, although it's getting expensive.  


The kids get along great, they love spending time together. 

One of my favorite photos.  Ares really LOVES his brother.  I think the feeling's mutual. 

Adam and I got to go on our first date.  Mom called to ask to watch the baby for a little bit, so we did an errand and went to lunch.  It was really nice, we went to Zeppe's Bistro in Hudson and sat outside on the most perfect day of the year. 
He wasn't really that tired looking, I didn't realize his eyes were like that when I took the picture because it was on my phone and we were outside.  Oops. 




No comments: