Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, January 21, 2013

MLK I Learned That!

Ares:  I want to get the mail!!
Me: Not today, there's no mail today.
Ares: Why?
Me: Because it's Martin Luther King Day, there's no mail , it's a Holiday.
Ares: I learned that!
Me:  About Martin Luther King?
Ares: Yes!
Me: What did you learn?
Ares: He..... was... a guy....
Me: Yes?
Ares:  Aaaannnd... he.... uhm... liked.... other people!
Me: Did he do anything?
Ares: Uhm, no... nothing.  I'm famous, like him though.
Me: Oh?
Ares: Yes, everyone knows me.
Me: What did Martin Luther King do?  Did he help anyone?
Ares:.....
Me: Did he make it so black people can go into restaurants?
Ares: Yeah, and so they can go home. So they can drive in cars.
Me: Ok, so you didn't listen or learn anything in class then?
Ares: No mommy, you're not telling the truth.

In other news, I looked at his notebook from school, and he unofficially has the worst handwriting of any of his classmates.  It's bad.  You can't even tell what he traces, aside from what he's tracing is still there.  The other kids' tracing?  Perfect - or near perfect.   Ugh.  he's going to be like his daddy, and uncle, and mommy.  But at least what I write is legible.

2 comments:

G'pa Doug said...

Your handwriting is fine Athena, I can read every word you type!

Athena said...

Fabulous, I was worried. Perhaps that's all Ares will have to worry about when he's older - can he type well? They've already stopped teaching cursive, why not teach them their letters on a keyboard?? hehe