We decided to do the genetic testing for the baby this time. We figure, we might as well know if something was up, not that we'd change the pregnancy, but we'd be prepared, that seems to be the theme with this kid. No trips to India, no waiting to learn the gender for the birth, preparedness. Well, turns out, (with the blood test not coming in yet) that the baby is all clear (as much as the test can tell). I called the insurance company to ensure that it's covered, and Claudia told me it was, so we figured we may as well do it.
We got a due date of 7/18/13 for baby Miller #2. =) I was thinking it was going to be later, so I'm excited that it's not. (Since my brother and Katie are getting married on 7/27/13.) That gives me about 9 days to recuperate after the baby is born, assuming he/she isn't late (Ares was 4 days late). I'll still look like crap, but a lot of the ickiness might be gone. (yay, TMI, I know).
It was too soon to tell the gender, which is a bummer, so we'll have to wait until the real ultrasound which is probably in 4-6 weeks. The baby was moving a lot at the start of the ultrasound, it was hard to measure and to see the fold of skin in the neck. It's head was up, then down, on the right side, then on the left, it was tumbling all around - and then it stopped. The baby must have fallen asleep (at which point I started getting a little jealous) but in the wrong position. I had to cough, and the technician pushed and pulled and pressed to try and get that sucker to move, but to no avail. At least the doctor ended up saying the pictures were good enough for him to tell that there's a low probability of there being one of the things they test for.
So I am officially unofficially due on July 18, 2013 with baby -currently-unknown-gender Miller. It might be a good thing I don't know the gender yet. If it's a girl, then I probably would have gotten an outfit or two at Target yesterday, although, if it's a boy (which is where my guess is) I'd have started to wash and sort through the baby clothes I have in storage already.
13 weeks 6 days
Exhausted every day - still.
1 comment:
Glad to hear everything is good. We are very excited and really looking forward to mid July!!! (course we ALWAYS look forward to seeing you!) :)
Post a Comment