Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Tropical Weekend

In more ways than one!  I feel like I've written a number of "unusually warm" weather posts, and this one doesn't disappoint.  This was the first year that our Luau didn't have LOTS of snow around.  In fact, although a few days before hand we had about 18" of snow outside, a few days of rain and 60* weather made it all melt.  So much, that the guys all were outside on the patio socializing while Adam was grilling the burgers and dogs.

my baby brother and our tiki =)
My inlaws came in Friday night, and Leah (Adam's sister) came up on Saturday, and they helped us shop and set up for the party.  I am so grateful that they were there, because I'm in this horrific exhausted-all-the-time-first-trimester-pregnancy stage.  Ugh, I cannot get enough naps in a day.  They also helped clean up, which again, I'm EXTREMELY grateful for.  I can honestly say, I didn't pull my weight this year. 

Ares had a lot of fun, of course he did, the exact friends that we invite to his birthday parties were here, Davis, Colt, Lukas, Koa, Connor, Hanna, Anna and Cassie.  I got to meet baby Zach finally, and Kanani once again, of course, I'm sick (again) so I wasn't able to play or hold either of them, but they're both super cute!  Kanani just turned 5 months, and is almost crawling, seriously, a few more days/weeks, and she's going to be mobile, poor Cristal and Paul!


We had 45 people in the house altogether.  Friends, family, friends of family...  The house was full, but since the basement has most toys now, and people can congregate down there, in the (new) dining room, kitchen, morning room and living room, we were doing pretty well, I think.  The house did get warm, and opening  the windows didn't do too much since it was over 60* outside.  Crazy!!

All in all, there were lots of people, lots of food, LOTS of beer and just a great atmosphere.  Thanks for everyone who came, we had an amazing time, and I found out just how many toys Ares has that needs thrown away.  Need to buy/build a toy box for Ares' massive amounts of cars, and more square totes for other various toys.  Now the Holidays are finally over for us!  Next year - it'll be even more crazy with a baby in tow! 

No comments: