Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Friday, January 18, 2013

2nd Trimester!

Whoo Hoo!!  I'm in my 2nd trimester now.  I was here thinking about how LOOOONG it's been, and here's why:
- I didn't tell anyone I was expecting until I was about 13 weeks.  That would have been last week only.  It's nice that everyone knows now, but it feels like I should be farther along
- I've been sick.  So sick.  Not with morning sickness, (thank goodness) but between the flu for a couple of weeks, and this cold I've had for a couple of weeks, it's killing me.
              - I am 14 weeks pregnant, but I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 6 weeks, so I've known I've been pregnant for 8 weeks. 
             - Of those 8 weeks, I've been sick for 4 of them.  Two weeks flu, 2 weeks a cold.
             - This cold is the worst.  It's been 2 weeks now, and I'm actually the worst yesterday and today than I was the first week and a half that I've had this damned thing.

When will this cold go away?!?!

In other news, I got results back from the genetic testing.  The baby went from the normal odds of 1/380 of having down syndrome (typical odds without any testing) to 1/10,000.   Same thing with the chromosome18 test, down to 1/10,000.     So hopefully this means we'll have a healthy baby.

I'm super excited for this weekend.  All I want to do is SLEEP!

14 weeks 1 day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it a cold or just congestion? I was stuffed up most of my 2nd/3rd trimester but otherwise felt ok...Neti pot was a life saver :)

Athena said...

No, it's definitely a cold. I'm constantly sneezing, and my nose is more runny than congested. I sound like a mess - my poor coworkers!

I'm really hoping once the weather gets nicer, this will get better. I know it's not for a few more months, but I'd like to think the skies/my health will be sunnier!

Unknown said...

That is awesome news! On a side note I believe I picked up your cold...

Athena said...

Yuck, sorry to hear that =(