Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, June 11, 2012

What a Weekend

First, another conversation with genius Ares, (hehe). We were driving to get Adam's car, we stopped, dropped Adam off, and Ares and I never left the vehicle.
Me:  Ares, are you still wearing your seat belt? 
Ares: Yes, I have to, or the policeman will get me.
Me: The police are only worried if you're safe or not, they're not out to 'get you'.
Ares: But if I'm not in my seat belt, then I'm not safe, and the policeman will get me.  Buckle up or ticket mommy.

(The phrase is 'Click it or ticket', but I guess at school they either taught it differently, or he just changed it on his own. The logic is there though.)


We went to Wild Water Kingdom this weekend, we bought season passes this year, figuring we'll get to go more than one (then it pays for itself).  Ares has a great time, but still has an adversion to slides.  Even if it's only 5 feet long and mostly flat.  Wuss.

I only got a picture of him at the Little Tykes World, as I didn't want to bring my phone into the water areas.  There are about 6 or 7 houses/shops and probably 10 or so little cars for the kids to play with.  He loved the lazy river ride (three times) and even prefered to go underneath the water falls and squirting water.  He loved the Lagoon where he could crawl in the water and play with the fountains and run around, plus he liked jumping off of the walls in the big (warm) deep(ish) pool, until 20 minutes after they started jumping, they got yelled at by the head lifeguard, but no one else cared. 

Here's ARES (mom!) in his Lightening McQueen SWIM TRUNKS (aunt cindy!).  Contrary to what some other people have mentioned on facebook, this is not another person's child who is a fat (not phat) rapper. 
He's pumping gas.
We also stained the play set this weekend as well.  Adam thought it would take 40 minutes, I figured it would be 3 hours.  It took us two days.  (Friday evening and Saturday morning/afternoon).  I'll try and post a picture of that once we have the awnings back up on it.  It's nice and dark though!


No comments: