Week 3 of T-ball this week, was not nearly as bad as it was the first week. In fact, this week, it was FABULOUS! (Well, aside from Ares and I having to walk 1/2 mile to the field, me, carrying a cooler with capri suns for the team, ice, and two chairs) We finally got close to the field, and Ares had to go potty, so off we went, another 50 yards to the porto-pots. I was exhausted and didn't want to do anything aside from sit in the chair and watch him. And that. I. Did!
He listened to everything the coaches said, he hit the ball VERY well. He ran to all of the bases when he was supposed to. He hustled in the field. When I say Hustle, I mean it! He ran after every single ball, and probably got half of them (there were 11 kids on the field). He'd run, dive, roll, slide, whatever it took to get the ball (no one got hurt) and even better. No.One.CRIED! If he didn't get the ball, he'd run right back into place to get the next one. He did leave the game learning a new phrase:
"There's no tackling in baseball."
No comments:
Post a Comment