Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Rain---

The Indians game was a bust. We didn't get there until the 2nd or 3rd inning because I had to change and feed the baby before we left. Our seats were amazing, and we got to see an inning before the heavy rains came in. We went to the terrace club and had some very expensive soup or salad and very small desserts (except for Aunt Cindy's) and waited out the rain. Since my mom had to work that night, once the rain stopped, we rushed to the car. Good thing, b/c it started raining again! The tribe ended up winning the game after a few delays. I will count that in Ares' record of Indian's games 2-0 now =)
On Friday, my mother and I cooked for 6 straight hours. Adam and I will now have good and healthy meals when neither of us feel like cooking! We had some torrential downpours (where I subsequently kept ALL 4 of my windows down). Then, on my way to my softball game, a vehicle on the highway blew up. It was on the side of the road, on fire (no cops or anything there yet) so I slow down to call 911, and the thing blows up! I felt the heat by my feet, and had to pull over to make sure I didn't need to file a claim on my car, because I was literally next to it when the explosion happened. Another car had already dialed 911, so I hung up, but didn't see anyone who belonged to the vehicle. I hope everyone was OK though.
Saturday morning, while I relaxed at home (or layed on the couch dead because I'm sick), Adam and Ares went to the Hospital to teach Daddy Bootcamp.

4 comments:

Deuce of Hearts said...

*laughs* What is Daddy Bootcamp??

I hope you're feeling better!!

Athena said...

Daddy bootcamp is a class for those who are going to become new fathers. A verteran dad teaches it, and there are a few new fathers (like Adam) there to let the future fathers know what to expect and be a sounding board to answer questions that the future dads have. The brand new dads (like Adam) bring in their little baby's to show how to sooth when crying, how to feed, change diapers etc. Adam was fortunate enough to have a massive diaper blowout, and needed a diaper AND outfit change! That's my boy!

Deuce of Hearts said...

*laughs* That's fantastic. Sounds awesome! Hopefully Pat and I can come up north sometime and witness the star parenting. :) We're so happy for you two. The pictures of Ares are just adorable.

It seems so crazy for us, though. We have no idea what's going on during the weekends and we're practically living week to week and foregoing any long term scheduling until we know what's going on. It drives me nuts - I don't like not knowing where I'm going to be in the next two months!

Athena said...

We'd love to have you, you'd have to sleep in the basement again though, lol. Week to week SOMETIMES works for us, but not always, lol. Worst you can do is call before you leave and us just say not this week.