Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Weekend!

We just missed the Memorial Day parade in Twinsburg. It brings back old memories as I marched in the parade every year for 4 years. Three of the years carrying a large bass drum in a hot band uniform.

Our softball team won it's game on Friday I went 3 for 4 with some solid hits. The Cavaliers also won their game. They were up by 23 at one point, and then began to SUCK and started losing. Orlando scored with 1 second left to put the Magic back over the Cavs by two points. Lebron James had a decent game, but no one will remember anything but the last shot. With one second left, Mo Williams (my favorite player) inbounds the ball to Lebron after he tries many times to get open, and he turns and shoots and it gets right in to beat the buzzer. It was amazing! We were listening to the game in the car, and whooped and hollered the last 3 miles home. Then we watched the replay about 3,000 times, (and never got sick of it). They are now calling that "The Shot". Thank goodness, perhaps people will soon forget Michael Jordon's "The Shot" which was against Cleveland so many years ago.

Saturday was a great day also. I had gotten some gift cards to The Gap for Christmas, and since I start work next Monday and I still do not fit in my pre-preggo clothes, I went shopping! Unfortunately, $75 doesn't go very far at the Gap, even with the Memorial Day sales. After that we went to Home Depot to buy another freezer! YAY! Now our freezer in our kitchen can hold more than just milk, and I can start buying bulk meat when it's on sale and store it in the garage freezer! After that we drove to the west side and visited my grandpa and grandma Marion and then to Aunt Di and Uncle Terry's to pick up some bicycles so Adam can fix them and resell them. He fixed up one of the nice bikes for my little cousin, and then we went grocery shopping at Walmart. $350 later(!! I guess not grocery shopping since before Ares came wasn't a good idea), we had two filled fridge/freezers, and no shelf space anywhere in our house. (our file cabinet now holds cereal, hahah!)

Sunday was fun too. We had a family picnic up at the baseball fields across from my parents' house. Great Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt were there as were all of my cousins (that live in town). we played ball, ate lots of food, and soaked up the sun and then Ares stayed overnight at Grandma Venus' house while mommy and daddy went to Mark's house for a picnic and to watch the Cavaliers play awful and lose.
Monday was a day full of buying bikes, selling bikes and fixing bikes. Adam (thankfully) made me go for a jog with our new jogging stroller. Man, am I out of shape! My body was hurting so bad, my tongue hurt! (No, actually, it did!)

More information about the baby tomorrow. His 2 month appointment is at 1. I can't wait to learn how much he weighs and how long/tall he is!!

No comments: