Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day




Again, Mother's Day wasn't ideal for me, as I still had to do everything (dishes, laundry, all diapers, spit up, etc) but it was still a pretty enjoyable day. Ares and I met my parents and Grandmother at the Golden Corral for breakfast. It's a huge buffet place, that we learned, if you get up early enough, you can beat the rush. (We went a few years ago, and my father and I vowed to never return). Mom worked the night before, so we met after she got off of work and we were nearly the only people there. All of the workers stopped by one by one to see the baby, because our server kept telling everyone how cute he was. HE WAS CUTE! I had him in his button down blue shirt and tie (from Easter), a pair of jeans, and his "new" chucks (that my mom got at a garage sale). Those shoes are my favorite, it's too bad he'll eventually grow out of them.
Since my mom worked the night before and the night of Mother's Day, and Adam was gone, it was pretty much just me and my father. My dad offered to feed and burp the baby (twice!) while I scrap-booked. What a great idea that was! I got a few pages of Ares' baby book in. I have so many pictures, I think it's going to take me YEARS to do his first month! Crazy!! I only have the first weeks amount of pictures printed up. I got home from my parents' mid afternoon to find another large box from 1-800-flowers. Adam had sent me a dozen pink roses and 6 calla lilies. It's a beautiful bouquet!
Adam got home relatively early (5:30pm). He must have busted his butt to ride 100 miles and drive up from Columbus that early. It was nice to see him, but he slept from 5:30 until the next morning, other than getting up for the pizza that I had ordered for dinner. At least he took Monday off of work!
I wish I had pictures of Mother's Day other than the flowers, Adam took my camera with him on his bike ride so that he could take pictures. I'll have to see if my mom has any from that day. Here, Ballpark is spooning with the baby.

No comments: