Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

TOSRV

Adam is out of town this weekend doing his 200 mile bikeride from Columbus to Portsmouth and back. He's finished the first 100 miles, and is sleeping over at a high school gymnasium tonight. I really miss him. It's not easy watching a puppy and caring for a 6.5 week old baby all alone. Props to single parents. It's tough - not to mention the fact that I just miss him. I got my first mother's day gift from Ares this year. I thought we were just going to count the patio furniture as my gift, but Ares "stole my credit card and logged online" (according to Adam) and had a beautiful azelia tree delivered. It's about 6" tall, and beautiful. I'm not really a flower person, (I like the way they look, but don't like the fact that they die so quickly) so a tree is a perfect gift! It was a nice surprise.

I had always pictured Mother's Day as sleeping in, breakfast in bed and then a family day. I guess I will never have a Mother's Day like that as TOSRV is always this weekend. I guess it'll be like when my brother and I hit the high school age and were always out of town on Mother's Day. I am looking forward to Adam getting home tomorrow, even if it is going to be late. He also has Monday off of work to recover, so hopefully we can spend some time together before the Cav's game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Athena!!

Azelias are gorgeous ... my parents used to have one in their front yard (before the house needed to be piered and the landscaping was torn up). It bloomed almost constantly and was just a great big happy pink at the end of our front walk. You'll enjoy your flowers for a long time, I'm sure! :)

~ Sarah

Athena said...

This one is like, mixed with a bonzai tree, it's so tiny! It's supposed to have pink flowers... I'm waiting for those still.. hehe