A conversation between Ares and my father last night:
Ares: Papa, do you like my car?
Papa: Yes, I really do. I'll buy it for $5 from you.
Ares: No, $8.
Papa: How about $7?
Ares: Then you're not buying this car, it's $8.
There's many times that it just hits me, that my baby is growing up SOO fast. The first time, I think, was when he was finally able to sit at his picnic table and eat a bowl of cereal without any assistance. Wow, does that make mornings so much easier. Here's a conversation we had just this morning, that had me scratching my head...
Me: *calling up the stairs while he's dressing himself* Ares, do you want raisin bread for breakfast?
Ares: *calling from his bedroom* Sure mom, that's fine!
Me: One piece or two? (He usually has two, but I always ask.)
Ares: Uhm, I'll just have one. (Still calling down from his bedroom.)
Me: Do you want yogurt as well?
Ares: Yes, yogurt, can I have strawberry please?
Such a simple conversation, but it was so adult like. He didn't need to see me to talk to me or answer my questions, he answered them clearly, and very adult like (Sure mom, that's fine) hehehe. He came down, grabbed the yogurt and raisin bread, sat at his picnic table, and then Ballpark came down the stairs, and he asked us if we can put the collar on so he can let him outside. Such a big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment