THIS IS GOING TO BE SUPER_LONG. IT'S BEEN ONE HELL OF A WEEKEND, GOOD AND BAD.
We had a rough start this weekend. Friday started out like this picture below: He woke up slowly walking to the room "Mommy! I can't open my eyes! Help, I can't open my eyes up!" Poor kid had his eyes seized closed with all the crusties from overnight. To me, that means Pink Eye. Fortunately, after calling off, taking Adam his work phone that he left at home to work, and to the doctor's office we learned that it was just allergies. That's somewhat crazy though, as I've never seen eyes crusted like that from allergies, but whatever, at least we could still do things that day! So after going to my office to pick up my laptop, we went to Steak and Shake and then I worked while he took a nice long nap. Daddy came home at the normal time and we went out for pizza. Yum! It's been forever since we've gone out to eat pizza.
![]() |
| Mommy - my eyes are sick. I don't like allergies. |
Friday ended up being pretty good. Ares and I enjoyed our time together and I still got a lot of work completed. Saturday is somewhat different. First grandma came over and surprised us with donuts before we all went to look at Justice and Katie's new house. It's REALLY nice, and Ares got a chocolate donut with cream inside that had a frosting crocodile on top. He was in heaven.
![]() |
| See that green stuff? That's all additional frosting. Crazy! |
I watched Eve and Davis (and Ares) Saturday morning while everyone but me ran the Tough Towner 4mile run that was being held in Streetsboro. Ares threw so many temper tantrums, and cried for 20 or 25 straight minutes when at McDonald's, that I was starting to hate his name, and hate my voice. He.Was.Terrible. I am wondering if it is the Benedryl or the other allergy medicine we give him, because for one of the first times ever, I did not like my kid, and if we weren't in public (I say this, although, it's likely not true), I don't think he'd be able to sit down for a year. I was so frustrated. I'll leave it at that. NOT a good time.
The other kids were awesome, although, Connor took the nun chuck to our Hot Wheels Wall Track and not only pulled the ENTIRE thing off the wall, but took some drywall with it too. =( We're not sure that's going to go up again, we'll see. Ares has never once disconnected any of it, but his friends, they don't seem to get it, even when we tell them (Lukas did it at the birthday party - although, only two sections were taken down along with the stickies with him - and no dry wall. No easier to put up though, but at least we didn't have to mud and paint like we will with Connors episode.)
![]() |
| Before Ares was acting up, the kids all got a long great. Here, Ares and Eve were playing 'house' and it was naptime for the babies. |
Adam must have realized what a horrific day it was for me, because he let me take a nice long nap and then came with me to run errands to get new tennis shoes and chocolate for book club - and then took me to Chipotle for dinner. I love Chipotle - he doesn't. Off to book club I went, off to Ben's house went Adam to see Devon and Ben and for Davis, Eve and Ares to get together again - until 11:45! hehe. I got a text like this: "Two dresses and a box of crayons." was the caption. Apparently, Ares has no idea how to put a dress on - although, once it was on, he kept it on for a while. He and Davis also paraded around in some (costume) dress shoes too. I guess this is what happens when you leave the kids with their fathers - your sons wear dresses and a midnight bedtime. At least the kids were all good and got along great - and book club was a ton of fun - as usual.
Sunday was a whole new day. Ares woke up around 9:15 in a great mood, we had breakfast at Grandma Venus' house and he got to play and talk and do whatever he wanted all morning. After 'naptime' in which he read 30 books ("all but these two, please don't put these two away, because I didn't read them yet") and we were off to Davis' birthday party at Kent Lanes. We had a ton of fun, and aside from Ares' nose bleeds and Kenny's 3 stitches from falling on a step, it was an awesome party. I'm surprised with as much as Ares had seen Davis in the last day that they got along great! All of the kids did. So well, that we went to the 'after party' at Davis' house. Insert Ares not having a nap and still being fun. This never happens. He is usually a bear by now. But he got along with his friends great. He did manage to squish his fingers in a door, and let go of a swing while it was moving, but he got a Popsicle, so after about 5 (justified) minutes of crying, all was good in the world and he played for another hour or two. Enjoy some pictures:
![]() |
| Picture was (obviously) taken post-popsicle, pre-shower. |
Here, he told me he looked like a zombie and asked me if zombies had brains.
![]() |
| Pre shower again, after we cleaned his face, we noticed it's slightly worse than we first thought. |
Post shower pictures - no more blue-zombie looking kid. He didn't complain much at all about the shower, aside from the cut on his eyelid burned for a few seconds when he first got water in it. He's still smiling though. He said he had the BEST time today. Although he came home beat up, he loved everything about Davis' birthday party.
![]() |
| Mom, I JUST want to see what I look like in the camera, no more pictures! |
Then he looked at the camera and said "haha, I still look silly!"
| JUST woke up, he still might be dreaming. |
![]() |
| This picture shows nothing, really, except the nose/lip scrapes but I thought it was so cute. I love this guy! |











No comments:
Post a Comment