Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Adam Part I

It's Thursday! Which means many things.  For instance, one more day until our ultrasound!  One more day to see some out of town friends! One more day until my in-laws are in town!  One more day until the weekend! Oh, and it's Valentines Day too.

Adam and I have never been one to celebrate valentines day.  One year, he did get me a pink jacket, a hot chocolate maker, a warm blanket and some warm gloves, it was very cute, and most of it I still use.   But since I don't have much to post (my mom took my typical subject (Ares) for the night yesterday) I thought I'd bring a ton of  boredom romance to the post with a post on how Adam and I met, and how he knew I was the one.  
 
The Meeting
This is Adam and his sister - AFTER he cut his hair.
Yes, that's him with short hair.  Not sure who hated it more,
his mom or me. 
I met Adam when I was 16 and a Junior in high school.  I was visiting one of my friends at Muskingum College and she took me over to a fraternity house because she had drama practice (right across the street).   I won't lie, it was dirty, a little awkward, and the guys are all a little odd.  (I later learned to LOVE this about them.)   Anyhow, it was a quiet night (the guys were most likely playing Magic or one of their other RPG thingies) when I heard good music coming from someone's room.   I'm not sure what got into me, but I decided to check it out, and there was this tall skinny guy with hair almost as long as mine sitting at his computer in a room with an adorable  stinky ferret. (Oh how I learned to hate that ferrit.) It was Adam's room.  I'm not sure how long we talked for 4 hours, 8 hours, who knows but when it was around 2AM, he climbed up to his loft and threw down a pillow for me to crash on his floor.  It was cold and I used my winter coat to cover up with (for the record, it was my old reversible Adidas coat, my favorite jacket of all time, *sigh* Wish I still had it.)   My friend came to get me in the morning.  Odd, I know.

I had visited my high school friends a handful of times in the year and a half since then, also seeing Adam and Doug, Pat, Justin, Wilkey, Sully, Tom, Kirk, Buddha, Stein, Jira and a handful of other guys, probably every other to every three months.  I was like their friend's annoying kid sister, they didn't know if they should all ignore me because I was still in high school, or ask me out  because they had crushes on me.  None of them would ignore me, and only a few asked me out.  Long distance things don't work out, so I didn't see any of them.  A handful of them came to my HS graduation party (not Adam, he didn't notice the flyer in his frat house and Doug didn't let him know he was coming up), and many celebrated when I chose Muskingum College as my university of choice...

To Be Continued... Okay, so I'm long winded/ a little too detailed, I'll save the "How he knew he was going to marry me" story for later.  I'll post something tomorrow, exclaiming how excited I am to have a little girl or little boy growing inside of me!  I'll be excited either way, but I'll at least spill the beans to the world 6 people who read this.

What do we think the gender is? The pregnancy is exactly like Ares, and I keep saying 'he'. Ares insists that it's a girl, and keeps calling the baby 'she' and references it as 'her'. All of my dreams warn me it's a girl, and is preparing me for that. I'm kind of hoping for another boy, but I know once he's an adult, I'll want the girl bond that my mom and I have. So really, I want both equally and I just can't wait to start painting a bedroom and either start shopping or washing lots of laundry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me, Me, Me, I'm one of the six!