Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Living with a Superhero

It's nice living with a superhero.  It's almost like living with a teenager.  I never know when he will be in the house, I never know if it's a 'good' superhero or a 'bad' superhero, but I always feel protected.  Take last week, for example, Raphael granted me with his presence for dinner.  He's kind of a moocher, and he even told me what to make, but eh, I'll take safety from an armed superhero when I can get it.




This weekend was a fun one for Ares.  He went to Eve's birthday party on Saturday, where nearly every one of his classmates also attended, it was pretty crazy, but the kids all had a great time.   The rest of the day he spent with Grandma and Papa (not going to Sesame Street Live, that's next month, mom) sledding and hanging out while Adam and I cleaned the house.  (Yay for energy!!)

He woke up Sunday with an upset stomach and his face looking like he was a zombie.  Actually, this picture doesn't do it justice, he looked BAD.   My three year old (3!!) managed to realize he was going to- or in the process of throwing up, and he ran to the bathroom and got it ALL in the toilet.  Most kids can't make it to the bathroom, amazingly mine did.  I couldn't praise him enough (I had to let him know how proud I was so that he'd do it again if necessary.).  This was the first time since he was 6 months old that he got sick like that.  (Of course, that's not counting peanut encounters.) 


The funny thing was he didn't notice the dry/rash around his face (thank goodness), he didn't lose ANY energy, he was a complete bundle of hyperness all day. He told me he wasn't a zombie, because zombies can't run and he can run super fast.  He took a 3 hour nap (and I woke him up, he'd have slept MUCH longer). Three hours later, around 8:00,  he finally settled down.  We cuddled during the Super Bowl (I had to skip the party - but still sent Adam to have fun) and I'll be honest, if I get sick, it was totally worth those 40 minute of US time.  Adam's staying home with him today - I called to see how he was doing, and I could hear him 'Hulk Smash' everything in the background.  No lack of energy there, even though the fever is still there. 

16 weeks 4 days

No comments: