Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, February 25, 2013

I'll Admit It

I'll admit it, I sure will.  Most of last week, up until Saturday around 7, I didn't like my kid too much. I loved him, but man oh man, I did NOT like him.  He was the most defiant, awful tempered, horrible mannered kid I'd seen anywhere.  It started on Monday, picking him up from school, Tuesday was HORRIFIC trying to get him to leave Connor's house, Wed/School - bad, Thursday wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a walk in the park, and Friday, again, not fun trying to leave school.  Saturday morning Ares was carried over Adam's shoulder to the car from Lowe's amid a massive temper tantrum when he was supposed to be putting together a fun Monster Truck.   I followed 2 minutes behind carrying pieces and parts of this truck so he could put it together at a later date. 

Saturday night, he slept on his way to the furniture store (his second nap), and then acted like a butt when we walked around the store, staying 50 feet behind us while mumbling to himself (yes, he acts JUST like a teenager!!!)  Finally, we found a couch, and he got to sit on it while he woke up and got into a better mood. Which he did, and hadn't left since then (the better mood - not the couch). 

I was so frustrated with him, I didn't know what to do.  It seriously took all of my muscle power to not smack his butt as hard as I could and send him to his bedroom for 3 hours.  New rule in the house: No More Avenger Cartoons.  They're too old for him, and too violent.  If he wants to watch the Avengers, he can watch the toddler version of the cartoons or nothing. 

I was surprised to find the couch we wanted at our first furniture stop.  We were so picky with our first couch and our bedroom set, that I thought we'd visit 3 different stores.  After a good 25% off cash sale plus some negotiating we left a happy family.  Except it won't be delivered until MID-APRIL!  OMG, I can't wait that long!!
Here's our couch - except we had an extra section added to both sides.  So instead of 3 sections between the chaise and the corner, we'll have 4 and instead of 2 after the corner on the right hand side, we'll have 3.   The couch is going to be something like 15'x12'.  The size of our last living room, maybe even bigger.  The orange pillows and stuff on top of the ottoman are not included.

No comments: