Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Where's the Cream Filling?

There are times that I forget Ares is so young.  My (newly turned) 3 year old will use the bathroom without telling us (sometimes washing his hands), use his mind logically (**see below), and sometimes talks to us like he's an adult.  The other day, I gave him something that no doubt reminded me that he was still a young child:  An Oreo cookie.
I'm not so sure how a child can eat spaghetti without getting it all over himself, but with a single Oreo cookie, create such a mess getting it up his cheeks, down his chin and neck, wrists etc. It's impossible not to laugh and pull him in for a giant hug.  He is, for goodness sakes, just a kid.  (BTW, t he Birthday Cake Oreo's are awesome!!)

**Logical thinking - it was getting cold out, so I told Ares he had 2 minutes to play because it was getting cold and then we were going in. 
Ares:  But I like the cold, I really like the cold, well, not in the shower, but I like the cold outside!

Not my kid, he was messier


No comments: