Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Is there a return policy?

Alright, so the title of this post is a little harsh. We had the WORST day ever yesterday. By far, I don't know who the child in my house was! It started when he refused to sleep Monday night. He woke up so many times, it was a vast change from Sunday night where he gave us 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. He took one half hour nap the entire day. I took him to visit my coworkers, where he was good, but VERY fussy. Once we got home, he cried non stop for about 6 hours, it was very frustrating. The doctor didn't return my calls until this morning! To make matters worse, there was projectile spit up, which ruined many of my clothes and robe and all of his outfits for the day, not to mention the diaper blow out we had that got all over his beautiful swing. It's washable, but to take the cover off to wash it takes a long time. Ah well, TODAY is a good day so far. I hope it continues that way, it is only 10am. But so far, he has been such a pleasure to have around!
He's out of his newborn sized clothes, and out of NB sized diapers too! He's growing so much! Today I had to put him in one of my favorite outfits for one last time. Then it's time to box them up, and on to 0-3 and 3 month clothes! WOW!

2 comments:

The Mac Pack said...

Awww...I feel for you! I hope that Mr. Ares is being better for his mommy today. We have not received his annoucement but sometimes I think that it takes a while for mail to get here. I will let you know if we receive it. I cannot wait to meet the little guy...he is so darn cute.

Thanks about Braeden! He acts like such a little man now. We had a very grown up talk about money, moving, jobs, life, etc. the other day for about an hour...haha.

Anonymous said...

*laughs* Welcome to parenthood! Babies can be mercurial. You might think they're truly a little angel, but they'll throw you for a loop just to keep you hopping. *winks*

Good to hear he had a better day today! Just be sure you get your naps around the same time he does so you can catch up on a little extra sleep if necessary. :)

~Sarah