Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Answer is..... Drum Roll Please.....

..... something that we weren't originally looking at!  *Sound the trumpets!*  I'm excited! 

We drove the Focus again Monday.  It worked MUCH better than what it did the first time.   The guy still blamed Adam on not knowing how to drive stick right, but I was there, Adam drove it exactly the same way the second time, AND he ALWAYS drives a manual, so he knows what he's doing. Aside from being cramped as Hell, it's a very nice ride.  That being said, I have no desire to ride in a car with my knees in my chest.  (They did not hit the dashboard when Adam configured the car-seat differently, but were about 1/4" away, and when Adam slammed on the brakes for a quick changing red light, I hit the dash.) I like the car - really like it for two, maybe three people, but it's not family friendly.

I realized that the only reason we're getting another car is so that the four of us can go on trips together without always  using my vehicle.  He doesn't need one to go to work and back (for now he uses a work vehicle), he doesn't need one to hold all 4 of us, because he has the Jeep if he really  needs to take both kids somewhere without me being around, and if I'm around we have my car, although it's not ideal to only drive my car around, all of the vehicles work just fine.  

Now, Adam has finally come to the realization that's he's being extremely unrealistic.  Thank goodness.  I understanding him wanting a specific type of vehicle because it's cool, but at this point in our life, it's just not going to happen - we have kids, and they are the reason for the new vehicle, after all. 

Here's his opinions of any results that may come up in vehicle searches:

Versa - Ugly
Matrix - Cheaply made
Focus hatch - Too small
Fit - Too small
3 hatch- Too small
5 hatch- Too big
Accord hatch- Too big
Ford C - Ugly/$$
Elantra hatch - Ugly - but will test drive
Soul - Ugly
Fiesta - Too Small
Mini- Too Small/$$
Fiat - Won't consider
Scions - Ugly/Small, varies
GMC - Won't consider
Chevy - Won't consider
Subaru - Bad gas mileage/$$
BMW/Audi- Maintenance issues
Anything else - no, no, no, no

So now, he's considering a Honda Civic.  It's still (fairly) small, but not ridiculous, it's reliable, good gas mileage, four doors and should* fit all 4 of us.  Goodness, I sure hope it does, because it's what I've been pushing him towards for months now.  He'd ALWAYS liked the Civic, until the hatch's came out, and that's what he's wanted since then.  So off we go to search AutoTrader for an affordable Civic.  Wish us luck!

No comments: