Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Friday, July 19, 2013

A Good Laugh

OK, so I got those hotwings that I talked about last post - and all it did was clear my system out, nothing with a baby though =(  boooo.  

I did go to the doctor again today, I'm at 2cm now, so a little closer, and was completely manhandled to try and push the process along, but all in all, I have another dr appt on Monday morning, and an induction will be scheduled for Tuesday, so Tuesday night the baby will come.  That's OK, if that happens, then my doctor will likely be the one delivering him (Adam and I really like my doc.) and it'll be an odd # day (23rd). 

Ares is still very excited, and told me he'll change every diaper for us.  Adam is more ready than I am.  Especially since he's been working late again and plans on having a late night tonight.  He was excited that he was finally able to tell his boss's boss "NO" for once yesterday.  Adam feels like the b*tch of his department.  He never says 'no' and gets run around all over the place.  He's GREAT at his job, and everyone knows it, so he feels taken advantage of a lot.  I'm sure many others in his area feel the same way, they are very low staffed - with no plans on hiring anyone new - there's lots of stress, way more than a claims adjuster should feel.  So when Jan asked him if he would work early next Friday (to make up for poor staffing decisions), he got to tell her 'No', because he'll FOR SURE be on FMLA for the baby.  =)

I finally got a picture of Ares holding a sign in front of the door.  I would LOVE to do this every year, and then put on it what he wants to be when he grows up.  Today I took the picture (as it's his 2nd day of 4/5 year old pre-school) and found out that he wants to be "A Police Driver - A Police".  I think he wants to be a Police Man?  Quite frightening, but whatever floats his boat.   I'll add the words via a paint program, turn the photo to B&W and put it into a frame with slots for 13 more years. 

I know I took a similar picture back last year when he first started 3 year old pre-school,



 I believe when I asked him last year what he wanted to be he told me "Captain America", but I'm not positive.   Maybe a racecar driver.   I'll have to look back through previous posts when I have the chance.

No comments: