Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

I already wrote about the shopping, but didn't say much about the actual  Holiday.   This is a super long post, but I've included pictures, which makes it better, right?

It started off with Ares (sort of) watching the parade with me.  He was a little interested, but only when a song, or a character he knew was on.  I'll take what I can get.

We went to my Aunt Nancy's house for our feast, and we pleasantly surprised when we pulled up, to see 26 chairs and a LONG table outside on their patio.  The weather was in the high 60's, some were wearing shorts, most in t-shirts (me, of course, had a jacket on.  Anyone surprised? Anyone? Buehler?)  We were outside nearly the entire day.  Mom brought her new 'snow' balls that everyone threw around for a while (the kids, Ares, Clayton, Corenna and Donovan for hours) and threw footballs around, played with the dogs, etc.   It was beautiful. 
By 4 or 5pm, Ares was so exhausted he was both falling over, and getting mean, so we drove straight home, skipping the Walters' Thanksgiving while everyone napped (and Adam went to Walmart to wait in line - my rockstud husband!!)


Yes, he's giving me the finger here, because
 my gloved finger wouldn't take the
 picture fast enough.

Friday was shopping day, Adam made a roast which we brought over to my parents' house for dinner, and Adam and I put up Christmas lights around the house.   AROUND the house, like, the outside.   Again, Adam did it, because my cousins never called to do it.  I was scared to death of having him on the roof, which is SUPER steep, but grateful to have saved about $150.   We put them up differently than last year, to minimize the amount of time needed to spend on the roof, although, we had to take that ladder up and down so many times I can't even count.  My job was to not freeze to death and stand against the bottom of the ladder so it wouldn't move on him.  My calves hurt so bad.  But, seeing as the weather went from about 60* when we started, to 32* when we ended (it was snowing), I can't complain, because Adam did the hard work, and it looks AWESOME!! 

Ares was hanging up lights like daddy.  It
looks like he's orchestrating something.  

 I didn't have the yard tack out yet for this photo, or the window lights, but here's what it looked like right after we got the house lights up. "Miller" isn't on the house, he had the camera shutter open and he was writing with an LED light.

Adam was playing around with the camera

Oh yeah, and it was snowing by the time we ended: 

Saturday we watched The Ohio State University Buckeyes beat Michigan's football team  O-H.... I-O  with Paul, Cristal, Koa and baby Kanani and then drove downtown to the tree lighting (downtown Cleveland).   It was C-O-L-D cold.  At least it was dry though.  The boys were restless, the fireworks were good (and the boys loved them), but we all agreed it's one of those "Been there. Done that.  Never again." type of things.  Not worth the parking and traffic to stand there, watch lights turn on and get hungry with hundreds of other people.  It was more exciting seeing my lights go on the first time. 




Sunday was a lazy day of cleaning up the house and putting out my Christmas decorations (OK, so I made the house way more messy than I cleaned.)  My village is out though!  Adam, again, was playing with different lenses, so here's the only picture I have.  It's about 1/3 of the whole village.  I love it so much!   Oh yeah, and the CLEVELAND BROWNS beat the PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!  Wahoo!  Our offense wasn't that great, but man, our defense was awesome.  Created 7 turnovers!  SEVEN!! Here we go Brownies here we go- Woof Woof!!  An OSU win, a Browns win, and if that isn't enough, Kent State (5 miles down the road) also won, and will likely be making a BCS Bowl game for the first time since the 70's!  Not that I'm a huge fan, but for the TONS of people around us that have gone there, or work there, this is huge, not in our lifetime has a KENT football team made it to a BCS bowl game.  Go get 'em Flashes!


I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.  I must say, if you can't tell by my posts present and past, that I have A LOT to be thankful for.  Adam and I both have the most fabulous families, our health, lots of love and everything we need in life.  Everything else is just first world noise.   Sorry for the long post everyone!  Bring on the Holidays!!

1 comment:

G'pa Doug said...

Actually I love reading your posts, long or otherwise, so don't stop putting them up. Love you guys!