Sounds like a breakfast for an infant - one still on baby food. But no, this is what my 3.5 year old requested this morning. OK, no problem. You want peas for breakfast? You don't have to ask twice.
I picked him up early from school yesterday to get his flu shot. He was in the 4 year old classroom, and was in such a great mood when I picked him up. He was in a great mood when walking to the patient room, and was fine (even knowing he was getting a shot) until the nurse prepped with the alcohol pad. He wasn't excited about the rest. He cried for about a minute until the nurse asked him if he wanted a sticker, and he replies (while still crying - with a whiny voice) "nooo, I want a milkshake". Hahaha, we all laughed, which got Ares to stop crying - and a trip to Burger King to get a milkshake.
In the car, he tells me "Mom 3 plus 3 = 6!!" and then he counted it out for me. I did not know he knew how to add, so I asked him other things. He knows all combinations of 1-4, and possibly more. He was getting bored, but he seemed to understand to start with the first number "3" and then add 3 by going "4, 5, 6". That's my boy!! I'm starting to love this 4 year old preschool. He's in a good mood when we leave school, he can spell his name, and he is getting pretty good at tracing letters with a pencil.
No comments:
Post a Comment