Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday-Comedy at the Millers

Ares came into my bedroom at 8:20 this morning because I guess it was time to wake up.  He crawled into bed with me and told me he loved me (I will miss those days when he gets older, and big enough to turn his cartoons on by himself).   I noticed that his pajama pants don't match so I asked him why.  He said "Uhm, well, I accidentally peed in my pants." I asked him 'When?' and he responded "When I was sleeping, but it's OK, I changed my pants by myself because I didn't want to wake you up."   Of course, I gave him the biggest hug EVER!  Then I told him he could wake me up if he needed help.  My so thoughtful kid who also doesn't flush the toilet at night because he doesn't want to wake us up. (The bathroom is down the hall, near his bedroom, and nowhere near our room.)

We went to lunch at Applebees, just for a couple of appetizers, as we were eating dinner in a few hours.
Ares : dad, can I have the last chip? 
Adam : sure, but it's gonna cost you.
Ares : what?!? Five dollars?!? I'm just a kid!!
The funny thing was that no one said 'five dollars', he came up with that himself.   His inflections and tones are just hilarious.  He also kept looking out the window near our booth to tell me that our car hasn't been stolen yet.   Crazy 3 year olds!

Lastly - Yesterday I went to Osh Kosh (one of my favorite children's stores) to buy Ares some jeans, ($16!! $12 each with my 25% off coupon, but still!!).  We left with two pair, but I hated spending that much, so I kept the receipt and the tags on and we went to Once Upon a Child this afternoon.   Ares saw a toy box that opened and closed, so naturally, he climbed in and shut the door.  Adam sat on top of it, and Ares (laughing the whole time) "Daddy! *hahaha* Oh no!  Get me out of here! *hahaha* I'm stuck! Eeeek!"  Needless to say, while this 'acting' is an everyday thing in our household, the ladies at the checkout thought he was hilarious.   Which, he is!
****Update****
I forgot this one.

Ares:  I'm going to be a GIANT when I grow up!
Me: Oh no, but giants are dangerous.
Ares:  *thinking*.  Well, then I'm going to be DANGEROUS when I grow up!

No comments: