Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Foods Kids Hate to Eat

I know today is talk like a pirate day, but while I'd tried to make this sound all Piratey (yes, that's a word - today, at least), it didn't really work out. So on to a normal blog.  Foxnews had a nice article today on foods that kids hate to eat.  Just last night, I was wondering how my kid compares to others in the foods that they eat, I know better than some of his friends.  Ares had steak, corn and potatoes at Aunt Cindy's house for dinner. Adam and I ate late, but Ares was still awake and he still wanted to share our meal with us.  What did we have.....?

Birds Eye Chicken Florentine
 I didn't give him any of the squash (although, I wish I would have), but he ate up the spinach.  I guess it's pretty exciting to hear "BOING!" each time a spoonful is ingested (the sound of muscles growing, just like Popeye's - who Ares has never heard of - doesn't matter). 

The article goes on talking about eggs (kid won't touch - any kind of egg), brussels sprouts (we've never tried), broccoli (his favorite), spinach, (check), asparagus (as long as it's not too soggy), fish (no problem), avocado (his first food, and he's a fan of guac), cottage cheese (loved it as a baby, haven't tried recently).   I can add one thing to the list, that my kid won't eat, and that's Chinese.  He used to, but on Monday, he wouldn't touch it. 
Alrighty, I realize I am a lucky mommy.  One of my friends has a kid who will eat a whopping 10 things.  If we have a #2, who bets that's the case? 

We're excited for our bicycle bender this weekend - AND to have Grandma Jean and Papa Jim come stay with us for a few nights!   Happy Hump Day everyone!  Aaarrrgh!

No comments: