Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Snot & Buffalo

"MOM!!! THE BUFFALO SNOT ON YOUR CAR!"  is the first thing out of my son's mouth when I walked into my mom's house to pick him up on Thursday.

Rewind.  Mom has a new car.  It has 600 miles on it.  Insert "I'm taking your son on a Safari on Thursday, can we borrow your car?"      My first thought: I guess, since it has 155,000 miles on it (almost), if it gets a couple of extra scratches it's not a problem.  If a Buffalo charges into it, bonus, insurance money for a new car (of course, I'd hate that, since then I'd have a new car payment and this one is paid off.   But I digress.)

My vehicle, did, in fact, have buffalo snot on/in it.   See for yourself: 

Large Buffalo, with lots of snot leaving capabilities.
My mother pointed out that I should be grateful she vacuumed out the car before I got there, as there was a LOT of carrot crumbs on the *everything*.    Oh, but not just Buffalo snot, there's more!

Like. Giraffe slobber!  Hooray!


You can actually see where my window is half open here. 
That's as they were closing it, the head (above) was inside my car. 
Go ahead!  Clean those windows!  Please, don't forget the Windex!
On the plus side, mom washed my windows (and the side of my car  - errr, both sides of my car) to get said SNOT off - but only after I was able to see the fun sloppy goodness. 

I'm sure if I were driving a Honda Fit, they would have put this llama in the trunk.
(Only funny if you remember the old ads for the Honda Fit.)

Source

Wahhhhh, llama faaace!   (Only one of my favorite sayings,
and it's totally appropriate for this post!  For the win!)src

Janice and Gina went along on the Safari too.

A nice picture of Ares and Grandma at Marble Head after the Safari

No comments: