Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ohhh no.....

Ares slept like crap. We slept worse. Once he was up, he was up. He'd start to drift to sleep, and if he saw that we weren't there, he'd cry. He'd cry if we weren't patting his tummy. He'd just cry. All night. Cry. Is it Karma? I decided this past weekend that I needed time to myself and I needed to start going to the gym during my lunch. My goal is to start that next month (Which means I need to get Ares used to formula.) Last night he got formula for the first time (well, 1/2 his bottle was formula). I'm starting to think that I'm being selfish about wanting to get to the gym and he being up all night was telling me that. Or perhaps the teething thing is getting to him even worse. Either way, I'm hoping I can make it through the day today.

Our team won our softball games on Monday! Yay! We're 2-12 now! lol Our team made way less errors than we normally do (and the team we played was drinking on their bench). Adam didn't do too well in the field, but batted in some important RBI's. In the last inning of the first game, we were down by 1. (I hadn't had a hit all game). I get up to the plate, and crush the ball over the center fielder's head. FINALLY! Needless to say, we won the game. (I only got a double, but I drove in some runs.) We went out to celebrate as Monday nights Aunt Cindy watches the baby (well, Kassi did this time), and I only got 5 hours of sleep that night. Adam, (who always complains that he's tired and doesn't think he sleeps longer than I do) managed to get 7 hours cuz he doesn't start work for another 2 1/4 hours after I do.

Runnin' on empty! Excited about this weekend in Cinci though!

6 comments:

Deuce of Hearts said...

I don't think it's selfish at all that you want time for yourself. When you're constantly with Ares and it's babybabybaby ... you're entitled to some YOU time. Take it when you can. There's nothing wrong with it and don't feel guilty about it. It will help to recharge you and spending time with him will be that much sweeter because you won't think thoughts of "I need ME time."

Leah said...

Yay time in Cincy!! I am going to try and rush home to see Ares before you put him down on Friday night but I have practice until 615! But I will see you on Sunday!

Athena said...

You gunna be gone all day Saturday too?? Crazy! We are all coming in on Thursday late evening (we'll get there around 11:30pm). Ares is teething REALLY badly though, so I hope we don't keep your parents up (you at your new house yet??) He's been pretty unbearable these past two days. Poor baby is miserable.
See you soon!!!

Leah said...

Actually not in yet...just got utilities turned on today! Yay heat! With my lovely schedule havent had time to pack or move..but I was thinking Friday morning we can take gpa and you three over to the house and give you all the grand tour of the place. I can get in a lil late to the office :-)

Athena said...

Yipee!! (Just a warning... you probably want to get your mattress over to the new house immediately, Ares does not sleep.)

Leah said...

It's ok...after a double header and spending like 9 hours on a charter, i don't think the lil man will keep me up :-) and if so I have ear plugs hehehe