Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A good kid

THESE ARE THE PICTURES THAT ADAM TOOK BEFORE ARES' SCHOOL PICTURES. IT'S A GOOD THING HE TOOK THESE, BECAUSE I'VE HEARD FROM MANY PEOPLE THAT HE WAS NOT HAPPY DURING THE ONES TAKEN AT SCHOOL.


Lets hear it for 12.5 hour nights! Hip Hip.... I love my son. Even more so when he's not teething. He goes to bed so well, sleeps through the night (well, not last night, but our house was dry, we forgot to put the humidifier on, and even I got up twice for water, so I can't blame him).

Aunt Cindy, Mike, and Kassi watched Ares this weekend. He even went to church! I was told he was good. He did talk and "sing" a little bit, but I guess it just entertained those around him. I'm so grateful that they watched him this weekend while we were in Pittsburgh for a wedding.

We were very excited to go to Pittsburgh. We haven't seen some of Adam's frat brothers in a while (and when we did, it was for a viewing), so it was good to get together and have a good time. We were VERY excited that someone volunteered to watch the baby all night Saturday night, so Adam and I decided to splurge and get a hotel room so we could sleep in and have some alone time. No surprise that Doug didn't get themselves a hotel room in advanced, so he and his wife slept on our floor. Since the hotel was less than 2 hours away from our house, and the wedding ended around 9, we should have driven home. Would have slept better, thanks to our dog and us worrying about him jumping off the bed and waking doug and shawna up. Wasted $100 that night. Frustrating. It was nice to see them though, it had been a while since they've gotten together with us. Wish I could do things over again there.

The wedding was nice, we enjoyed ourselves (Thanks Sarah! You were beautiful!) and even got to see Pat for breakfast, which was an awesome surprise! Ballpark freaked out in the hotel room, and barked like crazy when we weren't there, so he stayed in the car during the ceremony and reception. He slept the whole time, he was a good dog, we're grateful that the weather wasn't too hot or cold so that we could do that and not worry.
THESE PICS ARE FROM THE PUMPKIN FEST IN CINCINNATI

2 comments:

Nicole said...

what a cute hat he has!!! Great pictures. I like his daycare pics too :)

Athena said...

Thanks! We found that hat at the craft fair. I can't believe I paid nearly $20 for it! haha. I had to have it though.