Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Sledding

Still very frustrated regarding diapers and the hundreds of outfits we go through each day. It makes our nights hard seeing as we have to change his outfits each time we change him and feed him. Ugh! On the plus side, his umbilical cord fell of last night, so now we can pull his diaper up all the way instead of folding the top part.... unfortunately, it still doesn't work all of the time (so far, we've only had 2 diapers all day that haven't leaked through). Adam got christened last night when he was changing a diaper. He had already thrown the old diaper aside, so he used his hand to block the spray. What a dedicated daddy! Of course, it was 3AM, so I didn't laugh as hard as I would have during the daytime hours, but I still got a good chuckle out of it.
We went to a whole bunch of stores today looking for patio furniture. I had been wanting some for the past 3 years, but could never justify spending so much money on the furniture. Adam's grandma and Jim are coming to visit this weekend, (we are SOO excited), and the fact that we have no comfortable chairs in our house to sit on that have arms (she always sits on a chair that has arms at her house, and we normally spend HOURS at the kitchen table socializing) so Adam and I felt the need to get a chair that has arms, and since I have been looking for years for a patio set, we decided to go all out and buy some chairs with the padded seats and back rests. We're calling it an early mother's day gift. I'm psyched! We invited my parents over for dinner tonight (Adam made Paella) and we sat outside to use the new furniture. I am SOO happy we bought the new set, although, I wish we would have splurged a few years ago to have more use of it. Later, Adam and I were breaking down the cardboard boxes and decided to go "Spring Sledding". It was a lot of fun, Ares didn't participate this time - party pooper.

Yesterday, grandma wanted to babysit Ares, so we drove him to my parent's house, and then went to run some errands that we'd been meaning to do for a while. It was weird being without him, but it was nice to be able to move about easily. I took Adam to Ares' new daycare. It's very nice, it impressed him, and the director of the daycare even let him go down the two story slide. He said it was like being inside a dryer. I am not sure if he has ever actually been inside a dryer, however, it's Adam, so I decided not to ask. Nothing terribly exciting on the home front this time. I hope to get some video up of Ares soon! Someone needs to remind me though!

1 comment:

The Mac Pack said...

I feel for you but it will get better! Braeden peed through his diapers too when he was born. It gets better as the diapers get bigger. ;) By the way...I am not sure if anyone has ever given you this piece of advice but if you fold the top of the diaper a little IN at the top, they leak less from the top. Their little boy piece sprays right to the top of the diaper and that stops the pee from going outside the diaper.

P.S. I would bet that Adam has been in a dryer before. He used to fall asleep in the weirdest places as a kid...haha.