Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My In-Laws Have Created a Monster


The picture to the right is how our weekend at Grandma's started. Adam and I collectively managed to lock our keys in the car at Burger King in Belleville with the dog in it. A little frustrating, but it only pushed back our travel time by about 40 minutes. We ate outside waiting for the tow truck, and the baby needed changed twice, so we would have ended up needing to stop anyhow.
We got to the Miller's around 11:15 pm, which is after what Adam had predicted, but was dead on to when I anticipated arriving. It was a nice weekend, with lots of visitors. Ares got to meet his Great Grandpa Bill for the first time. They spent a lot of time together, especially Saturday night and Sunday morning. Great Grandma and Papa came up from Corydon to visit again, and the Hottingers came over, along with little Evie.
The monster part comes in when Ares was held the entire time we were down there. My father in law even proved himself to be very versatile and ate all of his meals with only one hand. Now, he wants to be held all of the time. I guess we should get used to Grandma and Grandpa spoiling the baby, because that's what they do. The biggest reason Ares is a monster (at least these past 3 days) is his pacifier. He insists on sucking on his binkie every minute of the day. I've been trying to ween him already, but if it's not in, he's sobbing. Even when he's close to falling asleep, it will fall out of his mouth, and then he's wide awake crying historically. His face turns all red and it seems like he forgets to breathe properly. Ugh, I've created a monster!
The drive home was far more uneventful (thank goodness). I took late Sunday night to prepare for my interviews that I had on Monday morning/afternoon. I think those went fairly well, although I won't be sure until the end of this week or early next week. Ares did everything possible to be late for the interviews (which were to be done over the phone from my mother's house). He soaked through two diapers (and subsequently two outfits) which made me have to restock his diaper bag, spit up all over me, cry non stop in the car, drink his bottle slowly (which made me push off pumping until later) which means I arrived at my moms only 15 minutes before I got the call. I hope to have good news soon, she did ask me when I come back from leave.


No comments: