Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Splish Spash

Last night Ares had his first real bath. We first put him in the warm water, and he really liked it (!!)... for about two minutes. I think he was shocked at first. He just laid there for the two minutes looking around the bathroom and looking at us, then, when daddy started to wash his hair, he decided he didn't like the water so much.


Daddy did a great job though, he was all nice and clean, and wrapped up in one of his new towels. I kept him like that, nice and warm, and fed him his food, where he showed us his thanks by spitting up all over himself, down his belly to his thighs, around the back of his neck, pretty much everywhere. It's unfortunate that he was so nice and clean and smelled great turned to sour milk, but at least I didn't have to change another outfit!

Early yesterday my mom and I went to the Twinsburg Fitness Center to walk around the track some. We decided to do the same thing today. It was nice, we did a mile, and then I attempted to do my crunches. I did them, but man, my ab muscles are WEAK! Then we went to visit Justice at Mavis Winkles for lunch. We did really well, a veggie tray as an appetizer, each of us had a half Turkey sandwich and a salad. Eating well for lunch and walking at the gym, we decided that we should split a Rocky Road Brownie Sunday. YUM! We then proceeded to go to Babies 'R' Us and spend way too much money. I did find some of the cutest outfits on sale! Ares has been eating a ton and sleeping LOTS, and some said that we were going to see a growth spurt. I didn't believe them, but I guess everyone knows better than I. Today, two of his size newborn outfits are short on him. He can't completely stretch his legs out (not that he ever does). Luckily, everything I bought for Ares today I had giftcards to pay for. (Unfortunately, the clothes I bought for him yesterday at Burlington I had to pay cash.) Ah well, I hope to have a clean, dry, adorable looking kid when he starts daycare.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Geeezzz!!! He is getting big!

The Mac Pack said...

He is soooo cute! He reminds me so much of Braeden at that age. I cannot wait to meet the little guy!