Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Teacher Appreciation

Today is "Pinkalicious" day at Ares' school.  I searched high and low, not only does he not own a pink shirt, but he doesn't even have anything remotely close, or even purple.  So today, I sent him in red. -- And made some Berry Berry Kix / Strawberry marshmallow  rice krispy treats to make up for the lack of pink in his wardrobe (the treats came out very pink with a few purple kix thrown in for fun).

At the early age of 3, he was already grateful that I didn't dress him in pink (he used to have a pink polo shirt) and that he had some treats to share with his class. 

I also sent him with 3 gifts for his teachers since it's 'teacher appreciation week' or something like that.  I'm cheap, I just gave baskets with lots of candy.  Gummy bears, gum, s'mores, Now & Laters, Riesens, Smarties and a Mocha Latte sucker.   (I now realize, I should have gotten a Starbucks gift card.  Ah well, next year!)  It looked a lot like an Easter basket without the grass.  I came up with a little saying (I think it's clever, you judge for yourself). 


Thank you very much for being an extra special person in my life.  You're worth a million dollars. I love coming to school so I can play, learn, and have you read to me some more.  As I am growing, my parents can't wait to see what I am going to learn now and later (that was a hard one to use in a sentence).  Thanks to you, you're the reason we'll all be a bunch of smarties. For that, I say thanks a lot
Later, I realized, I am 'appreciating' them as teachers, however, I just sent my kid to school with a plate full of melted marshmallow  treats to share with the whole class.  I hope they don't think I hate them!!

1 comment: