Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

OMG My Husband Will Hate Me!

OK, so I haven't gotten much done this summer.  We've been crazy busy EVERY. SINGLE. WEEKEND.  BUT, I have added more things to do!!

Project list - this will be ongoing, and likely will take years to do. 
  • Move the wash basin in the laundry room to the basement (inside wall, near the water heater next to the door) to make my laundry room more mudroom-esqu.   (I already got the OK for this!!)
  • Paint the foyer
  • Finish the canvas painting I've started for Bedroom
  • Finish the arrow painting I've started for  ?? Room
  • Knock down wall in basement (1/2 of it) to open it up
  • Help Adam build the bar / man cave
  • Add molding to the vaulted part of the foyer. like here
  • Add molding to the stairwell (and paint bottom darker color)
  • Add shoe rack to closet, right hand side, leave spots up top for towels? then get rid of ugly pink hanging thing for towels. 
  • Add towel shelf to bath tub or above door in bathroom.
  • Add vinyl quote to bathtub area in master
  • Add towel warmer next to shower
  • Paint toy room
  • Paint Laundry room / buy cute vinyl saying maybe "The most memorable days usually end with the dirtiest clothes"  or "Messes Accompany the Best Memories"
  • I almost forgot! When Adam gets his 'man cave' together, I get my office back!! I can't wait to get rid of that giant bookshelf!  It's too nice of a piece to actually get rid of, but it'll look great in the basement =)


molding on stairwell

molding in foyer idea

Master Bathroom idea, like the lady

shoe rack for closet (white)

If this red matches our couches, it would
 look perfect in our living room! Target!

How about this for my office?  Those
molding pieces are cheap and simple cuts.

Once we have the front loader washer/dryer, this will aleviate the need to stack them in order to put baskets next to them.  Use this method, and put the baskets under them.  GENIUS!!




For the laundry room

For my mudroom, once the cabinet and

utility sink are gone =)


No comments: