Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Where does the time go?

Adam and I have realized that we spend a majority of the day doing a whole lot of nothing. I was questioning why we have so many TV programs on Tivo that haven't been watched. I guess with feeding, pumping, burping, changing diapers, washing dishes and laundry.... Laundry... there's something to talk about... Funny story. I have learned many things in my 5 days of being a mom. The first, being that today, I picked a booger out of Ares' nose. No big deal, but to me, that just screams "mom". hehe. The funny story is that I've learned that one should not let a baby sleep for more than 3.5 hours at a time (If only that was at night, and not during the day). I woke up Ares so that he can be fed, and next thing I know, my hand is wet. The back of his sleeper outfit is soaked through. Not only that, but I'm wearing a pair of athletic swooshie pants, and it went through his sleeper, through my pants, and ended up dripping down my leg and soaked my sock. The couch was wet, the FLOOR even got baptised. HA! There had to have been a gallon of liquid coming out of this creature's little bladder.

Tonight is going to be a bad night. He has slept all day, because he was up all night last night. We went through three sleepers, three swaddle blankets, two bibs and three burp cloths, oh, and a sheet--- all in one night. We learned that we didn't have enough sleeper outfits in new born sizes (and some of his newborn sizes are WAY too big) so we went to the two local resale shops to buy some baby clothes, and got a couple of premie outfits for the next week or so.

Yesterday we had lots of visitors, it was great! Great grandma and grandpa Schmidt came to visit. Ares pretty much slept the entire time. Almost, both he and Ballpark managed to pee on grandma in the hour that she was here. I felt awful! Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt (my parents) also visited for the first time since we left the hospital. They brought over Steak 'n Shake (my favorite) and we watched the Cav's game. It was really nice, but we were really tired when we finally got to bed. Thank goodness for Ares sleeping from 6:30am-10am. It was amazing!

Adam wants to end the post saying "I love my boy".... enough said, I have to agree with him. He's a keeper.

No comments: