Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Class and PIZZA!!

This actually should have been posted before the last one about the shower. This post is Saturday, the prior post was for Sunday. Ah well....

This morning, Adam and I went to a baby basics class held at Hillcrest Hospital. It was only a 3 hour class, and it covered how to bathe an infant, how to properly swaddle an infant, and a handful of other techniques to soothe a crying baby (very important information). Adam did great, he learned how to change a diaper, and it was a pretty quick class. The other couple at our table is due the day after us and were very similar in personality. Random Fact: A child goes through (on average) 4,500 diapers in their lifetime. I had to specify "child" because Adam was a joker and asked if adult diapers counted. (Most of the people in our class had no personality.) I found that funny, anyhow, our guess was 7,000 diapers, so it looks like we'll go through a lot less than first anticipated.
Adam's mom and Robert came into town this weekend for tomorrow's baby shower (Robert didn't come for the shower, just for company). We went to Babies 'R' Us to get a mattress for the crib. The crib almost looks like a real crib now! How exciting!!
Adam and I took them out to the California Pizza Oven at Legacy Village for dinner. We had to wait about a half an hour to get seated, and the place was full of teenagers who would not let the elderly (or very pregnant) women sit, but dinner was excellent! Adam had some spicy chipotle Mexican type of pizza, mom got a pizza taco type of thing, Robert had a shrimp scampi pizza, and I had a BLT pizza (that tasted just like a BLT!) It was great, we were stuffed when we left. I probably could have rolled out. We were all pretty tired when we got home, so it was a pretty early night for all of us.

1 comment:

The Mac Pack said...

Hey! I am so excited because I just realized that you two had a blog. Grandma told me a while back but I thought that she was just talking about Adam's MySpace page.

Anyways, my diaper advice...
Pampers are the best! I tried about every kind and they really are leak proof. It is worth the extra money not to wake up to a damp baby. BUT later on, White Cloud pull ups are the best. They are the most leak proof...and the least expensive!

Khirstin