Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Steelers

The family that was going to watch Ballpark the first week still wanted him for the weekend, and they suggested that take a weekend away since we're not going on our greatly anticipated vacation. We ended up heading over to Pittsburgh, because neither of us have ever been there, and Adam wanted to go to the Church Brewery.

We used some of dad's hotel points to get a free room at the Marriott downtown, and made reservations for LeMont (a 5 star restaurant). We had a really good time! Dinner was paid for by Adam's grandfather who gave us money for a nice dinner in India, but when we tried to give it back, he told us to use it at a nice place here. WOW! Was it a great meal! We started off with Spring water (because I guess the tap water that I asked for wasn't good enough), and a HUGE basked of assorted bread. (Like, over 10 pieces for 2 of us). I am such a bread eater, but I kept it to a single roll so that I could enjoy the rest of the meal. We got some shrimp and scallop Parmesan appetizer that was absolutely amazing, and even at $18, I would get it again and again if I had the opportunity. Adam ordered a NY Strip Steak while I ordered Salmon Wellington. A salmon steak, with a crab cake on top, rolled in some kind of fried flaky tortilla with some sort of Parmesan sauce. YUM!! Both plates came with mashed potatoes, green beans and a couple of carrots. I don't think either of us finished our meals, but then the dessert tray came around, and Adam ordered green apple sorbet and I had a white chocolate cheesecake with strawberries and blackberries on top (YUMMY!) All in all, it was a great time, we were very cold walking back to the incline where we had to meet our shuttle from the hotel (which made us wait over 25 minutes for it to come. At least we were sheltered from the wind since there was no heat.

The next morning Adam and I had breakfast at the hotel, and walked across the streets to see Walking with the Dinosaurs. It was VERY expensive, but quite a good show. There were only a handful of couples that did not have kids with them, lol us, of course, being one of them. We then paid a lot of money for parking, and went to the Hard Rock Cafe for a shot glass and walked around a small mall. Everything was Steelers. There was a 4pm home game against The Dallas Cowboys, so we made sure we were out of the city by 2pm. After a quick lunch at Big Boy's (Frisch's for those Cinci people) we were off to pick up our puppy. I'm pretty sure he had a good time as he slept the ENTIRE way home, all evening, and all through the night. Thanks again Comella family!

No comments: