After about 4 hours of deliberations, we decided that we're going to stay home, and not go to India. Definitely the hardest decision we've ever had to make. We decided to keep our families happy, and to think of the baby. A lot of the things we would want to see after the wedding would be closed, or it wasn't recommended that we go to the markets, and that was what we were looking forward to the most (aside from the cultural experiences). We deemed that I would be pretty cautious of where we went, and that the baby would probably be pretty stressed (because Adam seems to think that I get stressed easily) and it might not be healthy for the child. Makes sense, although, I'm still really bummed, and feel really sh*tty about having to bail on Dia last minute. She and her fiance put so much time and effort into making sure that our trip would go smoothly, that I literally cried many times when I thought about missing the wedding and meeting her family and Dev.
This weekend my coworker still wants to watch the puppy, so we might just get a hotel room somewhere downtown Cleveland or Pittsburgh and get away, have a fancy dinner, and relax. While it's certainly no consolation prize to India, our family and my coworkers insisted that we leave here and do something. (It's been pretty obvious that I'm a little depressed). I'll also be heading to Philadelphia for business on the 15th for a couple of days, (again, no India). *sigh* It'll take a few days/weeks to get over, I'm sure.
The money we lose out on isn't too bad. In fact, the inter-India flight we only lose out on $30. The real flight actually TO India is significantly more, but worth avoiding possible health problems later down the line. I still am waiting back to hear from Dev to see how much we owe him for all of our train tickets. I expect it to be a few hundred dollars, not bad. I still feel awful that they put all of these plans together for us, and we had to bail. Ugh! Life sucks some times... Terrorist bastards, as I said before, I hope they rot in hell.
Anyone remember our Egypt trip? No, perhaps you all recall it being changed to a China trip. Same thing, terrorism, but that time they gave us a few months notice. Of course, this time we were mainly going to India for the wedding, and then were going to travel as well. Stinky Stinky Stinky!!! Now we have to shop for Christmas here at home, rather than in the markets as planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment