So this is even worse, the other countries have taken down their non essential travel restrictions meaning it's now "safe" to go. After a night (and some day) of crying (I blame the pregnancy), I've realized that we both REALLY want to go still, and are more worried about what our families and coworkers think than what we really want to do. I think it's easier when Great Britain says "do not go" to say, well, we're not going because a country advises against it. Now, really, the only thing stopping us is family and friends worried that something will happen. Which is completely understandable - I'm not taking back the previous post, but I understand the reasons more now, and am not as insulted. I am, however, extremely confused. We do not want to have our families worry for 16 days straight, but we don't want to live our lives always being afraid. I personally don't want any "coulda-shoulda-woulda's" although I understand that there are some things that we will not be able to see in India (because they are too touristy) and deemed "unsafe" that we would be able to see in say, 25 years or so when we may have the opportunity to go back, (yet miss a friend's wedding, that I'm sure is going to be absolutely wonderful and beautiful). That's it, no decision made yet. Adam and I are totally on the same page of, "Lets go, but lets not let our parents suffer, so lets not go. " I am also afraid that our packing will be rushed (we haven't started clothing yet).
more to come, I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment