Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Soapbox

It is so frustrating that after months of planning, researching, excitement and money that a few handfuls of bastards can come and ruin everything. I also think it's ridiculous that everyone around me can plan my life and determine what is right for me without doing anything other than reading what the media says. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the media? They use scare tactics to get people to watch/read their news. Why the hell do you think that the same words are used over and over. "Crisis" Really? Every f*cking thing is a crisis. The fact that they've stopped building new infrastructures in The Flats in downtown is a crisis, but people hear that word, and are more likely to tune in.
Is it right for us to go to India? I'm not exactly sure. I'm certainly not convinced that staying home is the right thing to do though. The people whom I have actually talked to IN India say it's safe, it's the people here in the US that say it's not. Who knows better? Do the people who know me in India want to sabotage my life just so I can see their country? I highly doubt it. I absolutely HATE the tactics that were used to try and "help" us make our decision. It's ridiculous, uncalled for, and demeaning. We are adults, let us make our own decisions.

That's it for now. I can't promise there won't be more to come.

No comments: