Hall of mirrors

This blog is a mixture of our travel adventures and our new family adventures.
The title comes from a dumb blonde high school girl on a tour with us in Versailles who asked this question in every single room of the Palace.
The picture was taken while on our Honeymoon in China, on the Xian river.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Name Change

We've been going back and forth with a name for a little girl. It's been hard, because I want to stick with the Goddess theme, (but still be a feminine name) and Adam wants it to start with an "A" to keep the theme in our little family. Well, to find a Goddess name that starts with an A is impossible. Aphrodite, Artemis (yes, a woman), Arachne.... ugh. Not pretty. So then we decided that we don't have to stick with the Goddess theme, and I started with Adalyn, which I like a lot, but then I really like Elliana a lot too. Unfortunately, Elli - Smelly, something I would hate to put my kid with. So since it was no longer a Goddess, AND the name started with an "E" and not an "A", I started looking at Goddess names that don't start with an "A" that are pretty. Again, not too many of them. I don't want something super popular, and unfortunately, I have one of the better Goddess names, but then, instead of GREEK Goddesses, I looked at Roman Goddesses, and Maia came up (Maya). I love it! So I think that's going to be the name. Adam says he likes it too. I'm not sure if he really likes it, or he's OK with whatever I choose, whatever it is, I love him so much. Such a great guy!

I have 5 more days of work after today, two of them being in Philadelphia, and I can't wait to be able to sleep in a couple of days. It's so hard to wake up in the mornings now. I can't tell if it's the icky, dark, cold weather outside, or if it's the pregnancy making me tired. Either way, I hate waking up.

So now I'm 25 weeks 6 days
FINISHED WITH SCHOOL
not in India =(

No comments: